Friday, December 17, 2010

Randomness

Today's post is going to be a random collection of pictures and things going on. I know that since his deployment that Chris checks out this blog so this is for you babe!
One of my sisters gave me these cute nutcrackers for my birthday. I'd never seen them before but the boys thought hey, one for Alex and one for Zachary.
I said no way and put them on top of the entertainment center where they can't be reached. I think they look very nice up there.
Zachary is still dressing up in his "daddy clothes" regularly and now pretends that he's going to work in Iraq or sometimes Washington (where daddy was before going overseas). He usually tells me he loves me, he'll miss me, and gives me a kiss. Then he says he'll be home for dinner. That's my kind of deployment! Don't you dig the goggles? He must have been flying that day - lol!
And when ones gets a picture taken well the other one must have one too! My handsome Alex.
Last weekend the boys and I went to visit some friends that I went to high school and college with. I hadn't seen my friend Cheryl in over five years although we email on occasion. Her brother, who rode there with us, I've run into a few times over the years. It was great to catch up with them both!

Jumping back to before Chris left....we had at least one nice day and the guys went out to do a little yard work, picking up rocks and spreading some rye grass seed (which I think froze because it never came up).
Zachary loves riding on the "tractor" with daddy.
Alex chose to walk instead of ride and followed behind them singing "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!"
Today is the last day of school and an early release day. I'm planning a visit to Santa this weekend so we'll see how that goes. I hope Alex is more friendly with his this year. I'd like at least one good picture!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Love those nutcrackers! I'm sure the boy's teachers loved their goodies!