Thursday, February 4, 2010

Zachary the "schnitzel boy"

Backstory: There is a German restaurant in town that we like to go to from time to time. On the weekends they have live music and when the boys are done eating they like to dance on the tiny dance floor. We've even bought a CD of the man that usually plays there and sometimes Zachary will ask for the "schnitzel music". (schnitzel = yummy German pork dish) Twice this week Zachary has been playing with his blocks and told me that he's made an acordian and he's the schnitzel boy. He can even sing some songs.
I think you can understand most of what he's singing but if not he is singing a real song. "No beer today, no beer today. You can't buy beer on a Sunday." Of course he's singing it to me so he's saying that Mama can't buy beer on a Sunday. Silly boy!

7 comments:

kelly said...

Soooo cute!!!

Sara said...

Very glad to see that boy might have a little Polka soul!

Joanne said...

That is hilarious! Looks like a tiny accordian might be in store for his birthday this year!

Karen said...

He played his "accordian" again for me this morning but he made up his own song this time. He loves to sing.

soccermom10 said...

He is just too funny!

Teresa Andel said...

I emailed a friend of mine that lives in Europe and he sent me his authentic recipe for making schnitzel. I am going to try making it first and then post for everyone to share.

Karen said...

Teresa - I've made it several times - Chris loves it! I just got my recipe off the internet so I'd love to have your friends.