Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Our soldier is gone

This past weekend Chris deployed. We had to spend the whole weekend out of town attending a last minute event (They really cut it down to the wire.), going to the deployment ceremony, and then actually sending him off. Being out of our routine and away from home, plus the stress of it being daddy's last few days with us - the boys were a little cranky. (Although none was as bad as Alex's fit at the Fair on Friday!)

So now he's gone and it's going O.K. Granted it's only been a few days but we'll make it. Alex did have a tough time with me leaving him at school yesterday and today. He was fine until we walked in the room and then he got very clingy on my arm and whined about wanting to come back home with me. I don't know if it has to do with daddy leaving, being out of school for a 4 day weekend, or something else random. I do know that he likes school and is fine when I leave but it's still hard to walk out when he's hanging on you and you know he's sad.

We did get to talk to Chris once so far on Skype. The boys think it's pretty cool. I hope we can get good enough reception once he's actually overseas.

Just to throw in a cute picture of Zachary here he is swimming at the hotel pool.

2 comments:

kelly said...

I'll be thinking about you guys! I bet the boys will be fine, especially if they get to video chat with Chris regularly :-) we'll have to have more weekend playmates to keep y'all busy!

Sara said...

That picture of Chris and the boys in their camo made me tear up. Praying that the next year flies by!