Thursday, October 28, 2010

The pumpkin patch

Boy were we late getting to the pumpkin patch this year. I kept thinking we had plenty of time and here it is three days before Halloween already! On the other hand our pumpkin won't rot in the Texas heat before Halloween. Zachary fell asleep after school so we headed out right at the perfect time to have the sun shining in the boys faces the whole time. We searched high and low for the perfect pumpkins. There were tons of warty ones and several different colored ones.

The boys finally chose theirs and then I found a big fat one for me.
The plan is for the boys to draw faces on their own small pumpkins with markers and then we'll carve the big one. Tomorrow my parents are coming over so that'll be the perfect time to make jack-o-lanterns and roast the seeds!


Happy fall, ya'll!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Cute! We were too late to go to ours...no good ones left. :( Where does the time go?! I meant to take Elizabeth last week!

Joanne said...

I didn't know that mom and dad were coming! Boo!!! How come no one ever wants to haul their cookies all the way to my house?!

kelly said...

You got some cute pictures! Theboys are getting so big. The shirt Alex is wearing is Lucass' favorite, he wants to wear it daily! Have a fun weekend!

soccermom10 said...

Was that the place near your house? Looks like fun....I don't ever remember taking my kids to a pumpkin patch.

Karen said...

It was near our house but it's only pumpkins in a church parking lot. They had a few bales of hay set up for picture taking. No corn patches or hay rides here!