Monday, June 22, 2009

Carlsbad Caverns & White Sands, NM

Ahhh, it's good to be home. We got in around 8pm last night. Now I really should be unpacking, doing laundry, going to the grocery store, or going to get the dog from my parents house but instead I'm going to start my trip update. Be warned - it will take several posts and there will be lots of pictures!

The first stop of our road trip was Carlsbad Caverns which was just over the New Mexico border. The boys thought it was pretty neat, especially after Chris told them that Batman lived in there. They looked for Batman everywhere but never found him. Alex kept putting his arms out and blocking the path in front of me to say "I show you something" and point at some rock or water he found interesting. He and Zachary both thought it fun to be "under the rocks". We it here and further on our first day - much quicker than expected.


Our second day took us to White Sands, NM. I had been here with my parents as a teenager and remembered rolling down the big sand dunes. This was definitely the best stop for the boys. Although we got a few rain sprinkles it stopped once we actually got on the dunes. Alex couldn't understand why we didn't have swim suits on to play in the sand but I told him that there was no water. We bought a plastic disc and slid down the biggest dune we could find over & over. Boy, did we get dirty! The hard part was climbing back up again. Sometimes daddy had to help the boys out.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast!! Love the pics :-)