Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sleep walkers

For the last couple of weeks both boys have been getting up during the night and coming to our room. I know that some people like to cuddle in bed with their kids but I'm not one of them. My boys flop all around, whack you in the face, and nearly push you off the bed. Not fun to sleep with. Luckily, we never had a huge problem with them sleeping in their own beds, even when they first came home (other than about two weeks). Alex usually comes around the same time - 5:30 am. Zachary comes at all hours, midnight, 4:30, whenever. They climb up Chris's side of the bed and crawl over him to get in the middle. I immediately scoop them up and carry them back to their own beds and they stay there. I don't know why they've started doing it. They don't say anything and they don't cry. I do now wonder though - should I take them to the potty when they get up? Could that be what woke them up? Any ideas?

2 comments:

Sara said...

I don't have any good ideas, but if they had a bad dream, would they come to you. I know when Elizabeth wakes up screaming and doesn't want a sippy cup, she calms down just knowing that I'm there holding her for a couple of minutes. Like I said, maybe not the best guess! Have you tried taking them to the potty, yet...& did it work?

Karen said...

I haven't tried taking them to the potty yet. They never cry when they come, they don't even talk. Except for last night when Zachary came to us. He and his bed were both soaking wet!