Thursday, December 17, 2009

A peek inside my goodie bags

Dipped pretzels are a holiday staple for us. My mom always makes them too.

Merry Mocha cookies were a first time addition to my goodie bag. Oh. My. Goodness! I thought they were so good.

Cinnamon popcorn. I started making this last year after getting it from another blog.

Spritz cookies - so easy with a cookie press and one of hubby's favorites. The boys took turns helping with the sprinkles and being my "cookie partner".

See this?

That is 19 bags of goodies that hubby requested for work today. Now, I do enjoy baking or I wouldn't do it but it seems that each year he asks for more and more and more. 19! It really becomes less enjoyable and more stressful the night before they are "due" because I don't make much ahead of time. I want things to be fresh if we're giving them for gifts. Oh well, another year down. Now I can leisurely make a little more for our family and close friends which is what I intended all along.
I had also planned on making toffee and a cranberry bread (I usually try to include a bread item) but just didn't have time. I still might make some for the rest of us because I already bought all the ingredients.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Thank you for our goodies!!!! I have to admit we sampled all of it tonight before dinner! The cookies, amazing, the bread, delicious, and who doesn't love a dipped pretzle?!? Thank you Karen, we loved it all :-)

Joanne said...

I think I really, really need the mocha cookie recipe!