Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Adoption Milestone

There are a lot of milestones during and after an adoption. Today is one that makes me especially happy. I just mailed out our three year post placement reports. 3 year = LAST ONE! We had to do one at 6 months home, 1 year home, 2 years home, and three years home. This means a social worker visit with a written report plus photos of the kiddos. This all gets sent in to our agency which then sends it on to Russia (they probably translate it first). I wish I could say that copies get sent to the baby homes where the boys lived the first part of their lives but it doesn't. I think it would be great for the people who took care of them to see the updates and pictures to know how much they are loved and that they are taken care of. Oh well, at least the country of Russia knows.

Next Tuesday the 9th is also the 3 year anniversary of our court date. We were declared the parents of Alex and Zachary on that day and their names were legally changed.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yay! I can't think of what it was like without Alex & Zach in the family!! We're lucky to have them!

soccermom10 said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years!