Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Another unwanted visitor


This silly mouse is in the exact same place at the snake was a few weeks ago. Can you believe it? I went out to let the dog go potty and saw the mouse run across the porch and under the plant stand. I wanted it away from my front door because it doesn't seal really well so I started scooting around my door mat to try to scare it out. I stepped in for a closer look and there it was perched up on the top level by the pot. I went in the house and grabbed a flashlight and my camera and it stayed still for me to take pictures. I found two glue traps and put those suckers outside to try to catch it. When I checked a little bit ago I had only caught bugs and didn't see the mouse at all. I just want it gone one way or another and not near my door!

3 comments:

Ohiomom2121 said...

I know none of us want mice in our homes, but it seems to be a bit much to be killing the ones who even venture on the porch. Plus, glue traps are particularly inhumane. Have you tried one of those sonar plug-in things? They won't drive a family away that has already nested, but will prevent one from moving in.

soccermom10 said...

I hope you catch it!! ewwwww

Karen said...

My problem with the mouse is not just that I don't want it in my house but that it is most likely what attracted the snake to that very same spot less than two feet away from my front door a few weeks ago. I haven't tried a sonar plug in before. Can it be used outside? Someone suggested a rubber snake in that spot and I might try that. There are partially eaten nuts in those pots so I'm afraid that the mouse is coming there regularly.