Friday, October 17, 2008

Donut day

What could be better than a donut day? Not much! I decided to make donuts for an afternoon snack today and we invited our friends over. The boys really dug into the donuts and so did I. They especially liked to eat the donut holes or "baby donuts". These are donuts that my grandma used to make and they are the easiest thing ever. If you've never had them, then try soon.
You buy a cheap plain can of biscuits and cut a hole in the middle with a thimble (hey, that's how we did it growing up). Then fry them in a pan of oil. They cook really fast. When they come out, dip or drizzle them with a glaze of milk and powdered suger, sugar and cinnamon, or whatever donut topping you like. Voila!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

After we talked about donuts yesterday, I went and bought biscuits today! I'm not sure when we'll make them, but soon!

YUM! If you had made ground beef sandwiches, too, it would REALLY have been a blast from the past!

soccermom10 said...

YUMMO! Homemade donuts are definitely the best...

Sara said...

Travis & I made donuts this morning! Reading about them really makes you hungry for them! Yummy!

Karen said...

Joanne - That's funny. I was telling Kelly about the ground beef sandwiches!