Sunday, October 19, 2008

The "key" to Zachary's heart

This boy has a thing for keys! I'm talking obsession. He's seen keys before and was maybe even allowed to hold them once or twice but now talks about them all day long. It all started a few weeks ago, I'm not sure how. We have to make sure are keys stay put away because he will climb tables to get them. If the door is left partially open to the closet where I store the diaper bag he will rummage through the pockets to find my keys. All of this wouldn't be quite as bad if it weren't for the fact that he also likes to stick them in his mouth and his nose. While at Mimi and Papa's house awhile back Mimi found several old keys that didn't go to anything and made a key ring for Zachary and one for Alex. They were so excited - except that we had to repeatedly take them away do to being put in noses and mouth. My mom did send them home with me but I never got them out until yesterday when Zachary was crying so hard because we wouldn't let him have daddy's keys. The boys use them on the house doors, on their play house, and on their cars. They have been taken away a few time. They have been fought over (you know one set of keys has got to be better than the other). They have been loved by one (O.K. two) little boys. I'd better go find the missing set before morning and pandemonium breaks loose.



No comments: