Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bedtime battles.....well, not really a battle

A few weeks ago I posted about some sleeping issues with Alex. Although the crying at bedtime as mostly stopped he is still asking all day long about when it's time to go to bed again. He'll say "Mama, no night night?" and I have to reassure him that it's not time to sleep yet. He's even got Zachary copying him now and they'll sometimes ask shortly after they've woken up. Now there is something new. Several times now after we've put the boys to bed and settled back down to watch t.v. or whatever we'll hear Alex whimper "mama". Once I went up and he asked for water, which he's never done before. Tonight he told me that he had an owie on his knee. Two or three times he's asked me to go "night night" with him so I crawled in with him for a few minutes. When he first came home he slept with a stuffed puppy. He picked it and wanted to sleep with it - no problem. A few months ago he lost interest and it sat in his room but he told us he didn't want to sleep with it. Recently I moved it out of the room with the rest of the stuffed animals. Tonight when I was in bed with him I thought to ask if he wanted to sleep with his puppy and he said yes. So I brought it back. I wonder what's going on? Could he be upset or worried about something? I know this is very minor in the grand scheme of sleeping problems because he does sleep all night and still goes to bed fairly easily but something has been off. I'm afriad it's going to be bad when he has his own room at the new house in a few months.

No comments: