Friday, January 22, 2010

Outside again

Thank goodness that the weather has finally warmed up enough to get back outside. Talk about going stir-crazy! When my parents came to visit last weekend the boys and I took Mimi to our neighborhood park while Chris and Papa watched football. We took a nice walk around the paved trail and stopped at the pond to feed the ducks. (I hope it's O.K. to feed them broken pretzels because they loved it!)



We had such a good time at the park (and our yard is muddy since there's still very little grass) that they boys and I have been back three more times this week. The last two days we even took plastic bats and balls plus a soccer ball to get in some play time. It was great to play on the tennis court so our balls couldn't roll too far away and I knew the boys were contained. Alex is very good at baseball and could hit many of them that I pitched to him. I wanted to take pictures of the boys playing but Alex told me (No pictures, Mama.).

Near the duck pond is a wooden bridge. It has concrete under one side of it and the boys take turns standing "under" the bridge and being a troll. They make whoever's trying to cross it pay some sort of penalty like paying imaginary money or jumping up and down. They love to play at this "troll bridge". They also started hanging on the bars and telling me they were doing exercises!



2 comments:

kelly said...

I love the troll bridge! Lucas has been playing that since he saw the story on an episode of Dora :-)

Sara said...

Very cute! We've been enjoying the weather outside, too! It's great to finally be out of the house.