Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Early Registration

I'm not talking about voting here....I'm talking about Pre-K! I can't believe it's time already but today and tomorrow is early registration for school. Since Zachary turns 4 this summer, both boys will enter school together (unless we held one back for some reason). It comes at a good time for us I think. See, around the beginning of the next school year, hubby will be deploying overseas. So instead of the boys and I sitting around every day cooped up together and missing daddy they will get to go to school. I've been under the assumption (I know, I know, never assume anything.) that it was a half day Pre-K, either mornings or afternoons and I have spent the last few weeks wondering which would be best for us. However, today I found out that it's actually full day Pre-K. Hmmmmm...... That sounds like an awful lot of school for two little guys but I think the benefits outweigh the negatives. At least I hope so. The Pre-K I signed them up for is through the public school system so as long as we qualify (and we do by being active military) the boys should get in. Well, that and be one of the first 50 registered. They are only having two classes of 25 kids each. I do think we'll get in but we won't find out for sure until the summer when we should get a packet from the school. I could find a Mother's Day out program or a private preschool if I decide full time is too much for them but it will cost us. Public school is free. I'm pretty sure that the boys will even get to ride a bus to and from school. I know they will love it. But now....what do I do when they're at school all day? Full time Pre-K might be too much for Mama.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I think it's time for Momma to start quilting again.....or at least some type of hobby. I'm sure you'll also want to be a Class Mom....that may keep you busy as well.

Joanne said...

I wonder if you should register them at a MDO or something, too. You might lose a registration fee, but if they don't get a spot at the Pre-K, it might be too late to sign them up for anything else (all of the preshcools and MDO programs here are registering right now). Just something else to think about...

kelly said...

Wow! Full day pre-k?!? I can't believe it. Guess I need to get my quilt request to you :-) The boys will love the bus (and school too).