Saturday, February 26, 2011

Alex lost his first tooth!

A few short weeks ago Alex was complaining of tooth pain when he ate. Silly me wondered what could be the problem and even called the dentist. It was a loose tooth - duh! I just didn't think he was old enough yet. It wasn't very lose at the time but enough to hurt when he bit on something. Fast forward to this morning and he's telling me that it hurts again. I could see that it was very lose this time and slightly bleeding. He had been wiggling it. He asked if he could pull it out, not scared at all, and I said go ahead. It didn't work. I asked if he wanted me to try and he said yes. Those little tiny baby teeth are so small and slippery that I had to use a tissue to help get a grip. I wasn't sure how hard to pull and I guess I didn't pull hard enough because it didn't come out. We decided to stop for the time being. I felt pretty sure that it would be coming out sometime in the next few days. Then at lunch Alex told me that it hurt to eat his chicken nugget. I cut it up for him thinking that solved the problem. A minute later he jumped out of his chair and ran to me in the kitchen to show me that his tooth fell out! I guess he bit into something after all. He said he nearly ate his tooth - he felt it on his tongue. What an easy first tooth that was! There was no crying, little pain, and a very happy boy in the end.

Now for the tooth fairy!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! How exciting! You're lucky the first one came out with little pain...they might not all be that easy!

soccermom10 said...

YAY! What a big boy....

kelly said...

Very exciting!

Timothy Eastwood said...

Way to go, Alex! You're a big boy now. Isn't that toothless grin a parent's treasured moment? Oh, so much for a cheesy dad like me. Hehehe.

-Timothy Eastwood

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin