Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day!

We weren't sure if we were going to get any or not but sometime late in the night (after 11pm) we got snow! I got the call from school that it would be closed today just minutes after my alarm went off. I'm so glad that I hadn't woke the boys yet! We didn't get as much as other parts of Texas but we got enough to be pretty.

(squirrel prints)
It was also enough to get to play in a little bit. Zachary started out in his soccer goalie gloves but quickly changed to regular ones.




I promise that I just carried him out for one second to let him see what I wrote on the table and he didn't play in that short sleeved shirt!

It was not enough to make a very big snowman but we tried. The snow just wouldn't stick! (Don't you just love our fancy snow tool - the plastic pie server! It worked great at scraping snow off the sidewalk to shape into snowballs.)

The sun has been out all morning and we have a high of around 40 so the snow is already almost gone. Our snowman is just barely hanging on to life in the shade of a tree. Everything the sun has touched is gone. At least we had a fun morning!

No comments: