Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's and other stuff

First of all - Happy Belated Valentine's Day! The boys, of course, exchanged valentines at school but they did not get a party (only so many non-nutritional food days allowed at school - who knew?). So when they got home I had a big plate of heart shaped Whoopie Pies waiting along with a few small gifts and some cut out hearts taped around the room. We had our own little Valentine's party. I even let them pick between their favorite meals for dinner, either pancakes/waffles or cold pasta salad. The pasta won (and made it into lunchboxes today)!
Alex & Zachary have been doing alot of painting lately. I thought it might be cute to paint a big letter A and a letter Z to hang on their bedroom walls. They were gung-ho about this idea but it was such a small thing to paint.
So I went back to the store and got some Valentine cuties to paint for Mimi & Papa who came to visit over the weekend. They were plant sticks - one was a flower and one was a ladybug and they had holes to put pictures of the boys in. I also got wooden snakes. This was hard to paint because you couldn't just roll it over and paint the bottom. This snake also bends and moves so the boys couldn't get into the groves very well. They enjoyed it though.
Don't you just love Zachary's outfit in this one?! Alex is just about bursting out of his Iron Man costume too!

I've been having some dental work done for the last month (three trips to the dentist - ouch!!) and it was finally finished on Friday. Here's my new smile for those that know me.

My parents come this weekend mostly so my dad could fix a leak under one of my sinks (they're pretty great like that). Little did he know that I had a whole "daddy-do" list for him. Despite two more leaks popping up after fixing the first one (it was a long day!) he knocked out pretty much everything. Mom helped me move a corner table that we already had into a bare spot in the living room. I plan to change up the stuff on top of it but still I think it looks good over there.

And that's what we've been up to lately!