Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Bowl watching

Super Bowl Sunday started off like any regular day. I did tell the boys that there was a big football game that day so they both decided they wanted to wear football shirts. That made me think that maybe I should wear a football shirt. I'm not a big football fan but my husband is and he's always been a Green Bay fan so I knew I could find something in his side of the closet to wear. When I got a sweatshirt for myself I found two Green Bay caps for Alex & Zachary. They were so excited. We went to eat lunch at our favorite wing place and football fever was already in the air. The wait staff was decorating for the big night and people were coming in to pick up big trays of wings. The t.v.'s were already tuned to pre-game stuff and so the boys thought the game had already started. I tried to tell them to be patient, that the game wasn't until night time and we'd watch it at home. They're not good at being patient. I made them take a nap as usual and when they woke they immediately started asking about the game. Finally it was time! The boys got out some soft footballs and were throwing them around. I found some Packers coloring pages on the internet and they colored pictures of our favorite team while watching then whoop up on the Steelers.

We made our own pizzas for dinner (I let the boys put their own toppings on) and we ate in the living room.
The boys had to go to bed before the game was over (darn school night!) but didn't complain too much. They were super excited again in the morning when I told them who won. Who knew football could be so much fun? I think next year I'm going to have to make some football shaped cookies or something. Maybe Green Bay will be in it again!

No comments: