Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hallelujah

I know I've posted a lot of videos recently but I caught Alex in the car singing and it is the cutest thing ever. I usually sing in the car whether it's the radio or a kid cd and he has really started singing with me. When the song is over he is so happy and says "I sing with mama."

Several weeks ago when my teenage nephews were here for a visit they played on our ping pong table. We hardly ever play on it so Alex and Zachary probably had no idea what it was. Ever since then Alex talks quite a bit about "table tennis". He will stand at one end of our coffee table and pretend to play with you, and even grunts when he hits the pretend ball. This evening Alex started crying that he wanted to play table tennis upstairs (on the real one) and so Chris promised him that after dinner he would play with him. The boys loved it. Zachary squealed every time he hit the ball.

The last week or two Alex has really been having a hard time at bedtime. This is especially weird because he's always been my good sleeper. Starting around dinner he begins to say "no night night?". We tell him that it's not night night time yet and that we still have to eat, take baths, play, etc. He'll ask several times during the evening. Then when it finally is time for bed he cries that he wants no night night or to go back downstairs. He will even start crying at the bottom of the stairs and make someone carry him up, crying all the way. Once we leave the room he calms down fairly quickly. He typically falls asleep fast and sleeps though the night. The same thing happens now at naptime too just on a smaller scale. I don't know if there is a problem or if it's just his age. I'm pretty sure it started right around the time Chris came home from Hawaii.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the singing!! Too cute!

soccermom10 said...

Why is it that they only know the LONGEST word in the entire song? That is just too cute......

Joanne said...

That video is too, too cute! I miss those boys (all of them, the big ones, too)!