Sunday, October 18, 2009

Last week in review

We haven't done just too many exciting things lately to warrant their own blog post so I'm condensing the week into one. Last weekend we took the boys to the movies to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. The boys like to watch movies at home but it's hard to sit still for that long. Still, they're getting better and never even got out of their seats.....just a little wiggly at the end. After the movie we headed to a Halloween store to look at costumes. Alex had decided that he didn't want to be a soldier like daddy after all, at least not for Halloween. This is what I hoped they'd be:I thought they looked so cute as Batman and Robin and really hoped they'd dress in "matching" costumes but Zachary wouldn't have any of it. He barely let me keep the Robin costume on him long enough to take the picture.

Alex on the other hand, loved the Batman costume (as though you can't tell from his super hero poses) and so we got it for him. Zachary is going to wear the soldier outfit (we got another one in his size) and he will be super cute too.

Monday was when I got my hair done after a weekend of suffering with the grey hairs. My hair is not too much different from before but it is a little lighter and better shaped up. I can still see those darn grey hairs though!

Thursday I started a 30 day challenge on my Wii Active. I have been neglecting my Wii exercises (or any at all!) and had fallen off the diet wagon. I'm back on track now and started the 30 day challenge to make myself do something. After only two days (today was a rest day) I am sore. The Wii Active is more exercise than the others and not really fun. It will make you run in place, and do lunge after lunge after lunge. Plus it's got a resistance band so you work out your arms too. Ouch! Hopefully by workout time tomorrow I won't be hobbling around and groaning when I sit and stand like I am today. I am down 16 pounds from when I started towards the end of June but I've got at least that more to go until I'm where I want to be. Wish me luck!

Oh, and the pool is fixed now. No more green and no more leak!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Cute costumes, cute hair! I did the 30 day challenge, it was worth all the lunges and squats :-)