Monday, October 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

At some point this week hubby won't be home for dinner but I'm unsure of the day just yet....probably Wednesday or Thursday. So, some of our meal may shift around but this is what is planned for the week.

Sunday - Chicken and sesame noodles
Monday - Dijon chicken (286 calories) with parmesan roasted broccoli and bread sticks
Tuesday - Orange sesame pork chops (370 calories) and rice
Wednesday - Sweet and sour chicken with rice - in the crock pot
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Shake & Bake pork with butternut squash casserole
This weekend is our family reunion and although I'm not sure what main dish I'll bring for the potluck I do know what dessert I'm bringing - Pumpkin White Chocolate Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust. Let me tell you.......it is a little bit of work but it is wonderful! You will love it and your friends and family will love it. There is a topping for it that I don't usually make but I'm including it here.
Pumpkin White Chocolate Cheesecake
Crust:
2 cups gingersnaps (whole)
6 T butter (or a little less)
1 1/2 T brown sugar
Filling:
3 pkg cream cheese (8 oz each)
3/4 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup melted white chocolate
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 t vanilla
1/4 t nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
Topping:
1/2 cup almonds
1 t sugar
2 T butter
Preheat oven to 350. Wrap outside of springform pan with foil. In processor, grind gingersnaps; add sugar and melted butter and press into a 9" springform pan. Bake 5-7 minutes. Take out and keep oven at temp.
Mix cream cheese and sugar in processor until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until completely mixed and smooth. Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until cheesecake starts to crack.
While cooling, process almonds, butter and sugar in processor and spread evenly on cookie sheet. Put in oven for 6-7 minutes, or until it starts to toast.
Spread almond mixture evenly on top of cheesecake and cool 4-5 hours. Remove rings of pan and serve.
For lots of great meal planning ideas go to http://www.orgjunkie.com/.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

You're making my cheesecake! YUM! I haven't had it in a couple of years - wish I was going to be there this weekend!

Karen said...

I haven't had it in a long time too but thought this was a great time to dust off the recipe! Where did it come from, by the way?

ETsmommy said...

That cheesecake sounds awesome!! I'll have to save that recipe and try it!

junglemama said...

You inspire me. I want to be able to plan a week long of meals.

Joanne said...

The cheesecake originally came from Live with Regis and Kelly. I saw someone making it on there for a contest, and went straight to the computer to download the recipe!