Monday, October 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



Last week hubby forgot to tell me that he'd be gone friday night so that meal is now set for tonight. Other than that I made all last weeks meal according to schedule. They were all new ones for us and they were all yummy. I never got around (again) to the homemade pop tarts but still want to try them. I'm counting calories still when I can but remember this is sometimes counted by me with my particular brand of ingredients so they could vary a little.

Monday - Italian turkey sausage manicotti (242 calories) & garlic bread

Tuesday - Nacho chicken (541 calories - yikes!) & corn

Wednesday - Crock pot peppercorn steak & butternut squash risotto

Thursday - Crispy ranch chicken (246 calories) & carrot souffle (209 calories)

Friday - Apple & pork stir-fry with rice

Crispy Ranch Chicken

4 boneless shinless chicken breasts

1 oz pkg ranch dressing mix (I use 1/2-3/4 pkg)

2 cups crispy rice cereal (they work better if you crush them a little)

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

2 egg whites (beaten)

Mix rice cereal, ranch mix and parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Dip chicken in egg whites, then in the cereal mixture to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.

For tons of great meal ideas go to www.orgjunkie.com.

No comments: