Friday, August 27, 2010

One week down!

The first week of school is almost over. Alex and Zachary are doing great. I really think they enjoy it and have no problems being dropped off. Never once did they cry or cling to me. It is tiring for them though. I thought it might be. Although they "nap" at school I'm not sure that the boys actually sleep. Alex says he does and Zachary sometimes tells me he does too but I really doubt it, especially for Zachary. He has fallen asleep on the bus ride home a few times and on Wednesday he fell asleep on the couch watching cartoons and napped for about an hour. Alex seems fine after school but hates waking up so early in the morning. I'm with him! The first day was fine but every day after has gotten worse and worse with him snuggling back under his covers or putting the pillow over he head and telling me he wants more sleep. Zachary is just the opposite. The first few days he popped right up when I walked in his room. Yesterday and today he came out himself when he heard me packing lunches in the kitchen. I'm hoping he'll let me and Alex sleep in tomorrow at least until 7:00!

It's been weird and really quiet at home without them. I have gotten stuff done but also had some "me" time watching some DRV'd shows, reading, and hanging out on the computer. I took the dog to the vet and myself to the dentist, all on my own. I'm trying to get some house things done and took a print to be framed and hung a few things on the wall. It's going slowly but I'm getting used to it.

All in all a good first week for all of us.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Sounds like this pre-k thing is working out! It will be interesting to see if Zachary sticks to his school schedule or sleeps in tomorrow. Have a great weekend!