Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Christmas Pageant

A few weeks before Christmas we had been at my parent house for the weekend. There happened to be a practice for the children's Christmas pageant after church that Sunday that we hung around and watched (small church - we know everybody there). Since everyone knew that the boys and I would probably be there for Christmas Alex & Zachary were asked if they wanted to be part of the pageant. Their role - angels. At the very end of the pageant (the story of Jesus's birth) several little angels would walk up the middle isle of the church and place gifts by the baby and then they had to kneel down until the end. Not much to it. They really enjoyed the practice but when it was time to pick costumes Alex changed his mind. He loves dressing up in his super hero costumes at home so I don't know why he suddenly didn't want to dress as an angel. Zachary sure did though and talked about it often in the next few weeks until Christmas. Fast forward to Christmas Eve church. I take Zachary to put on his costumes and take a few pictures. Then I go to sit in the pew with the rest of my family and show the picture to my mom and Alex. Then I know. Alex has changed his mind and wants to be in it again. I took him back for a costume and voila - two angel boys!

I think Zachary loved every minute of it. He smiled all the way down the isle while Alex looked very serious. They both did a good job though.


After church I tried to get a few more pictures of the boys with the pretty Christmas decorations. They were d.o.n.e. by that point though and were not very cooperative at all. Oh well, they were good when it counted.