Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First swim of the year

Saturday the boys decided it was time for a swim. The pool was nice and clean and functioning. The sun was shining and had been for days. I agreed and so we quickly put on our swim suits, grabbed towels and sunscreen, and headed to the backyard. The boys couldn't wait to jump in! Zachary chose to jump right in the middle of the pool and.......floundered and panicked! I had to coach him to the edge - kick your feet, now move your arms.....and finally grab his arm and pull him to the edge. He was so sad that he "didn't know how to swim anymore". I told him that maybe he should practice over on the shallow side like Alex. It didn't take him long to remember.

It didn't take long before Zachary started shivering. Zero percent body fat will do that to ya. So he got out and snuggled up with a towel in a chair while Alex kept swimming. Finally I decided to get in too. I had the boys count down for me to jump in. I chickened out the first go round but jumped in the second time and boy, was it cold! I swam to the edge, got out, and decided I was done for the day. Alex didn't last much longer than that before he got cold too. I guess we need a few more sunny days to warm up the water!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That water will be warm before you know it! I was just thinking about how nice it would be to get into a cool pool!