Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun day with my guys

Yesterday was another karate day. Zachary did very well sitting with me and Alex did very well listening in class. They are getting ready for a tournament in May, which I don't plan to participate in. I think Alex is still too new. I would have liked to go and watch it with the boys but it falls on Mother's Day weekend and we plan to be out of town.

My meal plan for the week ended up getting switched around so dinner was in the crock pot and almost ready when we got home. Yea! Too bad the new recipe wasn't as yummy as I hoped. Since dinner was a little bit early Zachary really wanted to go out and ride his bike afterwards. We hadn't ridden since Spring Break when Daddy was home (bad Mama!) but they still did alright. Alex is getting pretty good but Zachary has trouble turning. Unfortunately since our driveway has a slope they have to do lots of turning so they're not having to pedal up the hard slope. (Plus I don't want them zooming back down it quite yet!)
**Imagine a cute video of the boys riding their bikes here. I had two but neither would load.**

Thank goodness Zachary had pads on. He fell down several times, usually while trying to turn. Once he even fell off the edge of the drive after bumping the side of his bike into the curb. It was about a two foot fall from the curb to the ground. It was a little scary to see him go over the edge but I promise he wasn't hurt from any of his falls.

Next, we cooled down with some ice cream bars out by the pool. We knew better than to try to get in the water this time but we hung out in the backyard. Zachary mowed some grass for me and then we played a little baseball. Alex was a little upset when I said it was time to go in to shower and get ready for bed. He didn't get his usual t.v. time. Ha, ha!

No comments: