Thursday, August 13, 2009

A full day

The first thing that Zachary said when he woke up this morning was "I want to go to the museum". Well, that wasn't going to happen but we did several other fun things to make up for it today. This morning we painted on the back porch. Not just painted but finger painted. Although I'm not a neat freak (by a long shot!) I just don't like for the boys to get all gross and messy. I loosened up a bit though and let them go at it, with their shirts off of course. Alex thought it was funny and was fairly neat about the whole thing. Zachary, well he ended up with paint on both hands, his wrist, his arm, and his nose (he likes to smell everything!). It was nothing that a little water couldn't take care of.

Our next project was brownies. I don't know why I decided to make them since I don't plan to eat them but I did. I made them in tiny muffin pans and then covered them with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. The boys thought they were so cool!

After naptime I surprised the boys by taking them to the library. We haven't been in a very long time and I thought they'd really enjoy it. Zachary stayed glued to the train table most of the time. Alex kept going back and forth between the computers (set up with kid games) and me, sometimes bringing a book or two and sometimes just sitting. He said he didn't really like the library but then said that he did like the computers. I think I need to look into a train table for Zachary or at least the pieces and we can play it on the floor. He really loves it and gets so upset when we have to leave. Too bad I didn't think of it before his birthday!

1 comment:

soccermom10 said...

Finger painting outside looks fun!