Monday, August 31, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Aug 31st


After a long long absence from menu planning I am back! When we came back from our vacation in June I started a diet (I HATE that word) and so menu planning became difficult. My poor family has suffered since with numerous meals of pb&j, frozen chicken nuggets, or scrambled eggs & pop tarts. I've sprinkled in a few "real" meals here and there and have found a few low-calorie meals online as well as added up the calories in a few old favorites that I think will work for me. So, for any of you calorie counters (like me) I'm including the calories for the meals if I know it. Just remember that the calories will vary a bit depending on the brands of ingredients that you use. Most of this week's recipes came from a site that I cannot link to but I will be happy to pass along recipes to anyone who wants them.

Monday: Crispy Ranch Chicken (246 calories per serving) and green beans

Tuesday: Lemon Chicken with Pasta & Artichokes (426 calories)

Wednesday: Orange-Sesame Pork Chops (370 calories - doesn't include the noodles which I'm not making) and rice

Thursday: Chicken Croquettes (131 calories) with Easy Zucchini Parmesan (52 calories)

Friday: Beef & Broccoli (453 calories) with rice

For more great recipes go to I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

It's funny that you started this back up today because I did, too! Sara, you inspired us to get back on track!