Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I love a man in uniform!

I know that Chris wears a uniform (and I love him) but that's not who I'm talking about today. I ordered a reflective address sign from our fire department and they came today to install it. It's nothing fancy, just a blue metal sign. Three firemen came to install it. They didn't bring a firetruck but did bring an ambulance. They let Zachary and me get inside the back and look around. (Poor Alex was still napping and missed the whole thing!) They gave him a little stuffed monkey dressed in a Santa suit (I'm sure it was all they had), said hello to him over the speaker, flashed their lights for us, and sounded the siren as they drove away. It was cool and they were so nice to us! Once Zachary figured out what the ambulance was for he kept telling me that he didn't want to go to the doctor. I had to remind him that nobody at our house was sick or hurt so we didn't need to go. Now Zachary is getting out his toy firemen to play with.

Thank you firemen!!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Too cute, sounds like a fun surprise visit :-)