Thursday, August 27, 2009

Schools and pools

Yesterday was Alex's first day of school aka speech class. (Chris took my camera with him on an overnight trip so I have no pictures to post.) His teacher called a few days ago with class dates and this year he'll be going twice a week. I think that's great and even better is that Zachary will get to go too. He just had to wait patiently to turn three first. The speech teacher evaluated him at the end of last school year but we don't have our offical meeting until tomorrow. That means that Zachary wasn't going to start on the same day as Alex. Can you say upset boy? Woo-hoo! He was not happy even being told that it was only one day that he would miss. I bribed him with a trip to the library but he stubbornly didn't want to go. I told him that we could go pick out a new backpack while Alex was in class......well, maybe that would be O.K. Lucky for us, when I dropped off Alex at school the teacher said that there were no other students for that first day (in his particular class) and that Zachary could stay too. He was over the moon happy! Now on Monday I'll have to take 2nd day of school pictures since he wasn't in the first ones.

Today the pool company dug the hole for our new pool. I didn't get to ask them if it's done but it looks pretty big. (Again, no pictures because no camera.) They also poured the concrete slab where the pump will go. Tomorrow the pool should arrive and I guess be put in. I know they will still have hooking up to do and there will be 3 feet of concrete poured around the whole pool. All I know is that the pool will be up and running very soon....even before it's been officially approved by our home owners association. SShhhh, don't tell.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow! Both big boys in school! What will you do for a couple of kid-free hours! Congrats to Zach for getting to go on the first day!