Thursday, September 10, 2009

Crock Pot Wednesday

I know it's Thursday but we were too busy eating last night for me to post! Yesterday I cooked a meal in my crock pot for only the 2nd time in my life (the first time - Swiss steak - wasn't our favorite). I even went out and bought a new crock pot since the one I had was a small one. Doing my Menu Plan Monday I ran across a recipe for ribs in the crock pot and it sounded so yummy and easy that I just had to try it. I got the recipe here from Sara so I'll admit it's not my own. It turned out just as she promised - meat falling off the bone!!

First you rub your ribs (baby back pork ribs or whatever you like) with vegetable oil and then a rib rub on both sides. If you don't have a rub season with whatever you like - seasoning salt or garlic powder and onion powder.
Cut the rack into pieces between every 2-3 ribs. Put them in the crock pot with a little water - half an inch will do. Any fat will melt off and add to the liquid. Turn your crock pot on high and cook for about 6 hours (mine took a little less).I could smell mine cooking almost immediately! My mouth was watering all day just smelling those ribs.... When I checked them between 5 & 6 hours I found this:

They fell apart just pulling them out of the crock pot! We like barbecue sauce with ours so I heated some up in a pan to put on top. This was super easy. I can not wait to try something else in the crock pot!

To look for lots of crock pot ideas check out http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad you liked them!

Unknown said...

Great! I'm so glad that it turned out well for you. Keep participating and coming back to Crock Pot Wednesday. I bet you find even more things to love. I appreciate your particiaption.

kelly said...

I cannot wait to try those ribs, thanks for sharing!! Anything I can cook in the crock pot is great :-)Love all of the pics from Wednesday, the boys look soooo happy!!