Friday, July 25, 2008

Birthday party woes

Zachary turned two on the 19th but because we were out of town we're having his party tomorrow. I'm finding out that planning a birthday party is hard work, even for a two year old. Well, let me be clearer - planning a birthday cake is hard work. I could just make a plain old cake and he'd never know but I want his first birthday with us to be fun (I know it will be) and have to try to be creative which I am not. Our party theme is monkeys. Originally I planned to make a train cake (because I have a molded pan) and put some monkeys on it. When I did a test cake yesterday I didn't like how it turned out so now I'm going to attempt to make a monkey cake, or at least the head. If I don't like it I guess I can always get a generic cake at the grocery store!

1 comment:

kelly said...

I'm sure it will turn out great either way! Louie certainly won't complain :-)