Sunday, July 27, 2008

Zachary's party

O.K., so my attempt at making a birthday cake didn't work. Boy was it a flop! I couldn't even get the cake out of the pan. It did taste good though and Chris, the boys, and I all had crumbled cake bits for a morning snack. I froze the rest to do something with later. Good thing Wal-Mart is so close to us. They made us a cupcake cake and even put a plastic monkey on it with some trees. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind but oh well. Next time I'll practice ahead of time.

The party itself was lots of fun. We had 7 kids and about 10 adults at our house. We stayed mostly outside and played in a blow up pool and slip and slide. I never saw any major tears from anybody but then again we purposely planed the party for after nap time!

Here's the birthday boy himself in his monkey mask.
....and a few more of the party.

3 comments:

kelly said...

We had a great time! Happy Birthday Zachary!!

Joanne said...

I wish we could have been there! I need more pictures!!!

soccermom10 said...

The party was fun even without a "homemade" cake!