Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're baaaack

Well we all made it back in one piece, barely. The boys were both pretty good on the flight there but Zachary cried off and on for the 2nd half of the flight home. Overall, the trip was good. We stayed in a hotel with two beds so Chris and I each slept with a boy. They both wet the bed - luckily not every night. I bought diapers there from a place I don't usually and they weren't that great. The wedding was beautiful and outdoors overlooking a marina. Here's a picture of me and the boys. We lit a candle at the beginning of the ceremony.The boys were very cute and also the ONLY children there. I thought they might be. There we are sitting in the front row and Chris and I think they are being loud. Chris walked his mom down the isle and as soon as he got to the front by us the boys wanted to go to him. Then when he did sit with us they wanted to play with his ribbons (he was in military uniform). They talked and wanted up and down and I felt like they were being disturbing so I took them out. See the concrete slab we're sitting on in the picture? I took a boy in each arm and stepped on it and down the other side to get away. I didn't know what else to do! Everyone later said the boys were "so good" but I didn't think so. Zachary was the hit of the reception. He was Mr. Social and danced by himself and with anybody else on the dance floor. Meanwhile Alex sat in mine or daddies lap for most of the evening. The DJ loved Zachary and even gave him a tambourine to play with at one point. We went to the beach and the boys loved playing in the sand. Not so much the water though. It was very cold and had a strong current so that even when it came only to their calves or knees it would sometimes knock them down. They didn't mind getting dirty one bit. I'd dig a hole and one of them would sit in it and we'd cover them up.
Of course no trip to California would be complete without heading to Disneyland. Alex loved seeing all the characters and would hug every one. Zachary loved seeing Winnie the Pooh but didn't want to hug on the rest of them. We had to force some closeness to get some pictures. I thought that was a little funny because Alex is usually the shy one.
I really wanted the boys to get Mickey ears. We all knew they wouldn't wear them and they didn't but I got one or two pictures before they ripped them off.We had a good day and the boys were well behaved considering they didn't get naps. As we were leaving the park the fireworks started and Alex got a little upset - he doesn't like the loud noise. He also didn't like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride - it was also dark with some loud booms. He loved driving the race cars and would still be there if we let him. I think Zachary could have ridden any ride there and been happy.

Oh and of course we had a little birthday party for our big TWO YEAR OLD ZACHARY! This was his first birthday with us. We had to borrow another suitcase just to bring home presents.


















3 comments:

kelly said...

Looks like fun! I love the pictures, especially the mouse ears :-)

Joanne said...

Such cute pictures!

soccermom10 said...

Glad to hear that everyone made it back in one piece!