Tuesday, July 15, 2008

California or bust

On Thursday we will be taking our first big trip with the boys - on a plane and everything. I'm a little worried about how they will act being cooped up for three hours. I don't know if it's good or bad that it's a direct flight. I bought them each little tiny backpacks and a few new small toys for the plane. We will have lots of snacks. Hopefully that will hold them over. Our trip won't be very long, just Thursday - Monday but it will be packed. The whole reason for the trip is to visit Grandma (my mil) and attend her wedding. However; the boys will also meet their aunt and uncle (on daddy's side) for the first time, go to the beach, go to Disneyland, and have a birthday party for Zachary. I'm tired just thinking about it! Actually I think the boys will be fine as long as they get over their colds. Yup, that's right....the boys are both sick with runny noses and coughs.

Did I mention that I'm not ready for this trip? Although I've known about it for weeks I'm now stressing. This morning I had to take the dog to the groomers (I forgot our appt. last week - oops) and drop off Chris's shirts at the cleaners. I tried on the boys dress pants and of course Zachary has outgrown his (he was flooding!) so we made it to one store to look for more but the boys started melting down so that was it. The boys and I need haircuts but I'm not sure how to handle that on my own. If Chris gets home from work a little early today like I think he will then we might be able to get them done late this afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers. We will still need pants for Zachary and oh yeah, something for me to wear. Yikes! Tomorrow Zachary has a doctor appt. about 45 minutes away. Luckily my mom will meet me there if I need her and help me shop and get haircuts. I think everything will be fine in the end but I'll still be stressed until it's all done. Maybe next time I should start planning earlier?

4 comments:

kelly said...

I hope the boys start feeling better before Thursday! Things will be great & know you'll all have lots of fun!

Jennifer said...

Hi Karen,
You are right that the clothes are a great keepsake. I'm just worried about having enough clean clothes to make it home.
Take care,
Jenn

soccermom10 said...

Have fun......we want pictures of Disneyland when you guys return!

Sara said...

Take lots of pictures! As for planning, I don't think it matters how far in advance you plan, it will seem overwhelming when it gets down to crunch time! I'm sure you're doing great and everything will fall into place! Have fun and don't get too stressed out!