Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Belated Easter

Happy Easter....just a few days late. We headed out to my parents for the long Easter weekend. We were surprised by my younger sister who decided to come at the last minute so we had a house full of kids. We got rain on Easter morning but that didn't stop the church Easter egg hunt. They just moved it indoors. Let me tell you, it was a madhouse. Since you can't really hide eggs inside a big hall they were all over the place, floor, on the tables, in the chairs. We now have way, way too much candy!
Since Easter is a big holiday in Russia I decided to try adding a Russian tradition this year. I made a Kulich which is a Russian Easter coffee cake. It's really more like bread with fruit and nuts in it. It's baked it a coffee can so it comes out round. It took four hours or so to make because it has to rise three times and then bake for an hour. I actually turned out despite hearing that it doesn't always cook through. I didn't really like it though. I'm glad to have tried it but this may not be a Russian tradition for us.
Without further ado - pictures!
Easter morning. At the egg hunt.

Baking the kulich.

Another attempt at a grandkid picture.SistersMy family

1 comment:

soccermom10 said...

I like all of the Easter pics! Even the one of the 3 of us....