Monday, April 6, 2009

Eat at home challenge

In my new Glamour magazine that I was reading today they were talking about someone doing a 30 day challenge to eat at home. I know I can't realistically do that. Sometimes that's the only way I get to leave the house! I did though, decide to make a menu plan for the rest of the month (not including weekends) that I really want to stick too. This way I'll grocery shop on Tuesday's while Alex is in class & I only have Zach (that's the easiest time for me) for that week's meals. The weekends are free for eating out or leftovers. While making this menu it really help for me to write down everything we typically eat or new recipes I want to try. That way I could pick from that list. I actually think I'm going to type up the list and keep it. That way I can always look at it instead of in ten different cook books for ideas. Unfortunately Chris is out of town again until Thursday so my new plan won't start until next Monday. It still feels good though and I think it'll take most of the stress out of meal planning. Plus, I've worked one meal into each week that has leftovers that will freeze nicely. That way I'll have a backup for emergencies, weekends, or whatever. Any other leftovers the boys and I will eat for lunch during the week.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Sounds good, we need to share reipes :-)

Joanne said...

This is a good idea. My friend, Courtney (her blog is Sister to Sister), has been doing this menu planning stuff since the new year (I think it was her resolution). I keep meaning to try it out, but can't seem to find the time! I guess I should get my butt off your blog and write something out, huh?

Karen said...

Kelly - I'd love to share recipes. I'm always looking for new things to try.

Joanne - I read that blog from time to time. She plans out breakfast and everything. I don't need to go that far. Mostly just dinner.