Monday, April 6, 2009

More Easter crafts

I've been feeling crafty lately for some reason so yesterday I came up with another project for the boys. I think they have fun doing it but the second they're done they want down from the table to go go go. We made baby chicks. First I traced a chick on cardstock paper. Then I covered it with glue and let the boys stick on cotton balls for the chick fluff.
Next we dabbed the chick with yellow paint.
After it was all dry we used an orange crayon to color the feet and beak. Here is the finished product.The boys suggested taping them to the dining room windows and I should have taken a picture before I put it up there. They are really cute and we didn't make a big mess even with glue and paint on the table. Alex did his pretty much all by himself (well I put on the glue) because he's used to glue and paint from school. Zachary had to have a little help with the paint. He kept wanting to use two hands - one to hold the bottom and one to hold the top of the paintbrush.

1 comment: