Thursday, April 30, 2009

Red light, Green light

The last few days here have either been raining or wet so we've been stuck indoors. (Plus the whole swine flu thing going on we don't want to mingle at the library or other kid places.) So yesterday the boys watched a movie - with popcorn. Popcorn gets them so excited and if we eat it without daddy then it's extra special because they know daddy likes it and they got some and he didn't, ha ha! (Wow, was that a run on sentence or what?) While I was making lunch the boys drove round and round me on their cars so I would block them and say "red light" and then move and say "green light". They know what the lights mean and even like to tell me when to stop or go while we're in the car. So I thought it might be fun to make our own traffic lights. We painted small paper plates red and green and then glued popsicle sticks to them. (Actually I used foam plates and the paint is chipping off of them. I think today we're going to color circles on carstock paper and try again.) After they were dry we took turns being the traffic light. I'm hoping this will also help Alex learn some colors. Zachary's got them down but Alex still get confused.Notice Zachary's boots & shorts ensemble? He wears them every day beginning as soon as he wakes up - pajamas and all.

No comments: