Tuesday, April 28, 2009

KP duty

While cooking dinner tonight I stuck my fingers in hot oil and burned them so bad I wanted to cry. (Miraculously they haven't even blistered but I did soak them in ice water all through dinner.) Thankfully my hubby Chris and our friend Brad jumped in to finish up the cooking. I had to grab my camera to catch these two men in the kitchen - what a nice sight!

After dinner we got a call from Alex's speech teacher telling us that our school will be closed until May 11th due to the swine flu. We don't have any cases here yet but I guess they're being extra careful.

3 comments:

soccermom10 said...

The kids are intently watching! That's good......you can have them in the kitchen helping soon!

kelly said...

I agree, it looks like Alex & Zachary are paying close attention! Hope your fingers are ok.

Joanne said...

Who doesn't love a man in uniform? Having a man in uniform cooking in the kitchen for me? Seems too good to be true! ;-)