Thursday, April 16, 2009

Close to nature

It's fun living in a wooded area. I think the boys are going to just enjoy it more as they get bigger. We see fun things all the time. We have a decorative mail box on our front porch which is now doubling as a birds home. I can't get a shot of the bird and haven't seen or heard any babies yet but I'm keeping an eye out.
The boys and I spotted a little brown lizard today on our nearly dead ficus tree on the front porch.
We've found more squirrels in the tree outside out dining room windows. I think there are three of them living in one hole in the tree and we've been having fun watching them for the last few days.
We also saw six deer about 20 feet away from Alex's bedroom window yesterday morning. I was changing Zach's diaper when Alex told me to come and look in his room. I couldn't get to my camera but the three of us watched them for awhile. What I'm hoping to never have to see and post about are snakes and scorpions. We're already trying to train the boys as to what they do if they see these things - run, run, run and get mama or daddy. Then daddy will "go boom" with a gun if it's a snake.

No comments: