Thursday, July 2, 2009

Laguna Beach

We took all sorts of beach things on the trip with us but never really bothered to check the weather. Most of the time it was too cool for the beach, in the low 70's. But darn it! - we wanted to go to the beach. One morning we packed up a few beach things, put the boys in their swim suits and off we went. I only put on a suit top and capri pants thinking there was no way it would be warm enough for less (& I had a t-shirt on top too). Chris planned to take trunks but forgot them. So what happened? I was a beautiful day! The water was still really really cold but the sun was out and it was nice. The boys didn't really want all the way in the water anyway so it worked out. I rolled up my pants and was fine. The boys liked to stand at the edge of the water and squeal when the wave got their legs.Zachary was wearing new swim trunks & swim shirt from grandma that were so long! He was really protected from the sun!

Of course we also had to dig in the sand. The boys thought it was fun to be buried up to their bottoms in the sand. They stood right in our big hole and let us cover them back up.


I had wanted to go back again after lunch and naps but I got a little too pink out there. It was fun anyway.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Such cuties!!!

kelly said...

I love Alex's smile in the last picture!