Monday, July 20, 2009

Slimming down.....again

I'm not going to bother everyone with weekly posts about what I'm eating or if I worked out. That didn't really work when I tried it before. That time I didn't try very hard either. This time I am. It all started when I came home from our vacation in mid-June. I had decided before we left that I was going to get serious about losing some weight when we got back. Of course the vacation itself added an extra five pounds! I've been watching what I eat - big time. I'm using a website called SparkPeople to track calories. It also tells me how many I should eat a day along with how much protein, carbs, fat, etc. I'm borrowing a treadmill from my parents but it's so ancient that I've only used it twice so far. Instead (& I know it's not the same) I just got a Wii Fit and a Wii Active. I set up the Wii Fit yesterday but haven't tried the active yet. This is going to be part of my work out routine. So, if you've noticed the new ticker at the bottom of the right hand column you will see that I've lost nine pounds already. I've got a long way to go to be where I'd ultimately like to be but I feel I've made a good start. I'll update it from time to time along with a post too but I won't talk about it everyday. Or at least I'll try not to!

2 comments:

soccermom10 said...

CONGRATS! I'm not sure what you are doing.......but it's obviously working!

Joanne said...

9 pounds is awesome!!! I'll admit it...I'm jealous!