Saturday, July 11, 2009

A little bit of bragging!

Yesterday was Alex's first day EVER to be clean and dry the entire day...and, get this....he actually even cared about it! He's woken up dry in the morning a few times this past week and he did again yesterday. I told him that I wanted him to try to stay clean and dry all day (as I often say) and to tell me when he needs to go and we will run, run, run to the potty. (Or run like the wind, as Mimi would tell him.) As the morning wore on I kept reminding him and he would take off to the potty or not, even doing his regularly scheduled duty there. I was excited and so he was excited. I told him that if he could stay clean and dry all day then he could have a treat at the end of the day. A popsicle was talked about every time he went to the potty and I just reminded him "not yet". Finally after dinner when he was still clean and dry he picked his treat - a bowl of icecream with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and sprinkles. The best part was that nobody else got any treat at all no matter how much whining Zachary did. He was beaming when I took this picture of him enjoying his treat.

I printed this picture and hung it up in his room to be a reminder. This morning he woke up dry again and after going potty pointed up to his picture on the wall and said he was going to go in the potty all day. I wish I could say that today went as well as yesterday but we were away from the house all morning so it was a no-go. I'm just happy that he finally cares. Maybe this was the turning point!

4 comments:

kelly said...

Yea Alex!!!

soccermom10 said...

How exciting! I did get a surprise phone call from Alex the other morning.....:)

Joanne said...

Good job! He looks so proud of himself!

Joanne said...

Good job! He looks so proud of himself!