Monday, August 25, 2008

Mama's day out & other stuff

Today I had a big day out - all alone. Last Christmas Chris gave me a gift card for a 1/2 day at a spa. I've either been too busy to use or just plain forgot until now. Chris is usually home on Monday's so I got it scheduled for today. This was probably only the 2nd time that daddy and the boys were alone for a good part of the day. I had a wonderful relaxing day at the spa getting a facial, massage, pedicure & manicure. I was really pampered. I called Chris afterwards to tell him I was on my way home but he was at the grocery store with the boys and they were giving him a hard time so he couldn't talk. Ahhhh, I'm glad he got to see what that's like. Then I called him back a few minutes later to ask if I needed to bring home some dinner but instead he told me to hurry and meet him at the grocery store because as he was checking out he realized he left his wallet at home! I had to meet him to pay for the groceries. Chris had such a rough day today that he decided he needed the night out and went to play poker at a sports bar. The boys were very excited to see me and Zachary immediately noticed my fancy nail polish.

This morning (before I left) while the four of us were playing and watching T.V. Zachary just couldn't keep him eyes open any more and conked right out. That means that Zachary got an early nap as I was leaving and Alex napped later at his usual time. I do feel bad for Chris that he never got that precious nap time all to himself today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night the boys were so cute in the bath. If I haven't mentioned it yet, they love to take baths. They (especially Alex) lay on their tummies and declare that they are Nemo, scrub the "dirty" tub toys, and help to wash their hair. Their new favorite things to play with are their water whistles that Aunt Amy gave Zachary for his birthday. The whistles make different sounds depending on how full of water they are. Wow, you should hear them. When daddy gives the bath I'll hear them from downstairs blowing their whistles and beating on the side of the bathtub like a drum.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the spa!! Super cute pictures :-)