Saturday, August 30, 2008

Playground pals

Today one of my sisters and her teenage boys came over to visit. The big boys and Chris headed out to do big guy things and my sister and I took the little boys to a nearby park. Their favorite part of a playground is always the slide, which they refer to as "wheee". Example: Me - "What do you want to play on first?" Alex - "Wheee". I know exactly what he wants. We first tried to walk to the park. We loaded up the boys in the double stroller and brought along cold drinks for them. There used to be an entrance to the park at the back side of my neighborhood but after walking probably a quarter mile to where it should have been we found out it's been blocked. Granted, we haven't walked there much this summer because it's been so hot but it sure stunk to have to turn around and walk back. When we got back home we jumped in the car and were there within a few minutes. The park was surprising empty for a weekend and we got to enjoy the playground without too many other kids getting in the way. I'll leave you with a few cute pictures.
Don't worry, Aunt Lisa was right beside him.


Wheee!!


Even though you can't see their faces I still like this picture. They are waiting their turn to cross one of those shaky bridges.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Waaahh! My kids would have loved to go "whee" with the boys! Stinkin' Iowa!