Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Terrible Two's

Yup, we're there and we've got two of them. For the most part the boys are fairly well behaved but they do have their moments when the terrible two's rear it's ugly head. Yesterday was one of those days for Alex. My usual good listener and helper was very disagreeable and answered "no" to just about everything. In the morning as I was blow drying my hair Alex wanted to get in my bathroom drawers which I don't allow (we've got medicines in some of them so I keep them out of all of them). I told him "no, we don't play in there" (maybe I say no too much?) and then stood in front of it. Alex actually smacked my leg to get it out of the way! I took his arm and told him that wasn't nice and that he needed to sit in the corner - and I got "no!". So, I told him that we don't say no to mom and he needed to sit on his bed in his room. I told him that he needed to sit there until he was ready to say "sorry mama" and be a better listener. He again said "no!". He stayed in there about five minutes while I finished getting ready. (I know, I know, his usual time out is only 2-3 minutes due to his age but this was different.) When I went back to get him he climbed off his bed and said "Yes, mama. Sorry, mama." and gave me a hug. He's always very sweet after he cools down. He's very stubborn like me. I may be in big trouble when he's a teenager! He was O.K. for the rest of the afternoon until daddy came home in the evening. Both boys were so wild after dinner and did not listen to anything mama or daddy said and ended up going to bed just a little bit early. I sure hope today is better.

No comments: