Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oops

Yesterday as I was getting out of the shower I heard a thud and crying. Not good. I lock the boys in my bedroom with toys and keep the bathroom door open so I can hear them and peek out at them. They usually do O.K. When I jumped out to check on the boys I found Alex on the floor with this on top of him.

It's my stand up jewelry box. As you can see, I already have it turned around backwards because shortly after the boys got home Zachary opened the drawers and pulled out jewelry. O.K. I won't lie - he was actually eating a Christmas light bulb necklace. Somehow when Alex pulled this down on him he turned it around at the same time so that the drawers opened up and all the jewelry inside spilled out on the floor. Alex was fine, I think it scared him more than anything but I had to search for little earrings in the carpet. I guess my next move will be to put it in the closet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we did nothing exciting. The boys and I stayed home all day and never went outside except to walk to the mailbox at the end of the block and water flowers on the porch. We played catch, we played with babies, and we played with blocks over and over again. Oh, and don't forget doctor. They love to give shots so you'll cry and then they'll rub on your arm and tell you "It's O.K." or bring you a toy. It's funny how they can remember so much and you don't even know. Just like with the comforting you after you get a shot. They were laying their dolls on the couch and covering them up. Then they told the babies "No wake up - night night!" in a very stern voice. Um.....do you think they got that from me?A new thing they've been doing lately is pretending to leave. They get on a toy car or get a little bag of toys and tell me they are going bye bye in the car. Then I have to ask where and they tell me either Mimi & Papa's house, a baseball game, or to Luke's house (our friend). That part they always do. The last few days they've been telling me that they're going to a party at one of the above's houses. Then a minute or two later they come back to me with their arms open wide and tell me that "Alex's home!". Then I get all excited and give them hugs and kisses and tell them how happy I am that they're home. Sometimes they will then tell me that they ate ice cream at the party or some other funny little detail. Alex started this game and Zachary copies him. It is really cute the first few times but Alex will do it over and over all day. Any game repeated over and over gets really old for me but I guess it's still fun for a toddler!

No comments: