Saturday, May 23, 2009

Marshmallows with my peeps

Since we've finally had a little bit of rain recently the burn ban in our area has been lifted. This means that we've been able to burn some of our huge pile of tree stumps, limbs, and brush that was cleared off of our land. We still don't have dirt or grass in our backyard so the rocks make a great safe place to make a fire. Chris has made a few small ones in the last week but we still have a ton more to burn. Today my parents and one of my sisters with her kids came to spend the weekend with us and celebrate my nephew's birthday (who's coming tomorrow). Chris decided that along with a fire we needed to roast marshmallows. The kids all really enjoyed it although the adults had to do all the work. Roasted marshmallows - yum!

Tomorrow for the family birthday party we hope to float down the river. I hope the weather is hot and rain free because the river water is cold enough as it is.

No comments: