Monday, May 25, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Since my mom is here until Wednesday evening to babysit the boys I've got an easy menu for the early part of the week so she won't have to do any prepping for dinner before I get home. Most of this weeks meals don't have links - sorry.

Monday - Homemade pizza (I had one in the freezer from when I made the dough last weekend.)

Tuesday - Chicken spaghetti (This is also coming from the freezer. The recipe is below.)

Wednesday - Chicken with sesame noodles (This didn't get made the last two weeks but I really want to try it.)

Thursday - Baked taquitos

Friday - Shake & bake pork

There are lots of different recipes for chicken spaghetti including some with red spaghetti sauces. This is the one I like that my mom makes. It freezes really well and makes a big 9x13 pan that I split in two and freeze half for later.

Chicken Spaghetti
1 chicken, cooked, boned and diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 lb Velveeta cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup (can substitute cream of chicken)
3 cups uncooked spaghetti (1lb)
1 T. butter or margarine

Using the broth left from cooking the chicken, cook spaghetti. Saute onions, celery and peppers in the butter. Drain spaghetti and combine with remaining ingredients and place in 3 qt (9x13) greased baking dish. Bake at 300 for 1 hour until bubbly. *If freezing - freeze before baking. Allow to thaw in refrigerator and bake as normal.

Serves 8 to 10

For more great meal ideas check out I'm An Organizing Junkie.

No comments: